Monday 20 October 2008

The Phone and the Full Moon

This is a few days old and not even about tango, though I might just dance it later:

For hours, I anguished about whether to apologise. I argued with myself.
My brain said, "Forget him. He´s a heart breaker."
My body said, "Who needs a heart?"

But it turns out no one has read anything. I was mistaken. I´m still safe. But I´ve learned my lesson, I think.

Me and my phone have just about fallen out. First it screwed up my first two dates with CFBS: it wasn´t until the third attempt to make contact that we actually managed to meet up. Then, yesterday, the phone didn´t ring when it was supposed to and I couldn´t access my voicemail. Nor could I tell from whom I had received messages. And in spite of having credit and some battery power, my phone refused to connect with his number. I discussed all this with a friend and we came to the conclusion he had read my blog and barred my calls, being a grown-up in high places. The full moon kept me up most of the night, so I feel wrecked, but all wrung out (no more tears,) because - Ta-Raaaaa! [FANFARE] - we meet tonight...

No comments: